Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] "touches" in boost.geometry?
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz)
Date: 2011-10-09 23:48:44

Barend Gehrels wrote:
> Hi Aleksandar,
>
> The touches algorithm is planned but not included, also not in the
> extensions. I once started it and today looked at it, but it is not
> suitable for inclusion yet. However it is on the list.
>
> As far as I know it cannot be done by using existing algorithms.

Hi Barand,

Please add to the todo list an algorithm checking if geometries
intersects but not taking boundries into account (intersects() &&
!touches()). It would be used e.g. in rtree traversing in tests for
nodes'/boxes containing geometries which may be within some area. Still
there is no need to hurry since there is no big difference between this
and plain intersects() which is used now.

Regards,
Adam

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net