Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] bg::unique and precision
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson)
Date: 2011-10-13 12:52:35

From: ggl-bounces_at_[hidden] [mailto:ggl-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of V D
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 9:57 PM
To: Generic Geometry Library Discussion

>And indeed, creating a polygon from this WKT and running bg::unique will not drop the duplicate point (see points in bold).
>Is there any way of specifying some kind of epsilon for the unique algorithm ? 1e-10 would be more than enough in my case.

An easy thing to try is the simplify algorithm we were just discussing with a threshold of 1e-10. This would eliminate both duplicate and collinear points. If you want to retain collinear but drop duplicate then you'll need to create your own predicate that uses an epsilon I would guess.

Regards,
Luke