Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Quick question about bg::difference
From: Barend Gehrels (barend)
Date: 2011-10-25 17:30:58

Hi,

On 24-10-2011 23:37, V D wrote:
> Hum, after running more test cases here is what seems to happen:
>
> bg::difference(MultiPolygon, Polygon) and bg::difference(Polygon, MultiPolygon) will return always return the polygon if they are disjoint.
> bg::difference(Polygon, Polygon) will always return the 1st polygon if they are disjoint.

Thanks. Yes, I could reproduce it and you are right. We have to fix this.

If we support 8 geometry types, there are (theoretically) 64
possibilities for difference, and all other algorithms having two input
arguments. We therefore try to limit this by automatically reversing
arguments, so MultiPolygon/Polygon will be reversed to
Polygon/MultiPolygon. I never realized or thought about it (blame me)
that for difference this of course can never be done.

So will fix this a.s.a.p. Thanks for the report.

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net