Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] warnings reported by Clang
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-11 15:35:29

On 11 January 2012 20:24, Vishnu <vrang3_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I'll set the default values of the pointers to 0 and see if all my tests
> pass, which I should be the case if Barend's comment  ("this is all in the
> concept checking and never called") still holds. However, if anything has
> changed to invalidate that comment, please let me know.

IMHO, it doesn't hurt to have variables initialised, regardless where they are.
In some cases, it explicit initialisations hurt performance, but this
is not the case here.
I hope Barend will agree with me.

Once concepts make it into C++, then compilers will know to ignore such
uninitialized objects, but so far we have to help the compilers to
overcome their
lameness :)

Best regards,

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net