Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] warnings with gcc
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-18 16:53:54

>Sorry, I should have been more precise. I have a polygon made of a
>union of rectangles, all 90°, no hole. Does it make it easier?

No holes doesn't really help, but the other property does. I'm pretty sure that in that specific case the straight-skeleton is equivalent to the voronoi skeleton. There is a voronoi diagram implementation done as the result of GSOC2010 checked into Boost.Polygon sandbox (under gtl directory in sandbox.) I'm not sure if it is merged to trunk or not. We were targeting 1.49 for release, but it looks like we may miss that one. Here is the link to my presentation on it in boostcon last year: http://blip.tv/boostcon/sweep-line-algorithm-for-voronoi-diagrams-of-points-line-segments-and-medial-axis-of-polygons-in-the-plane-5368229

Hope that helps,
Luke

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net