Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [geometry] overlay_invalid_input_exception
From: Vishnu (vrang3_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-25 11:45:03

I sometimes see the exception 'overlay_invalid_input_exception' is thrown
from boost\geometry\algorithms\detail\has_self_intersections.hpp:

#if ! defined(BOOST_GEOMETRY_OVERLAY_NO_THROW)
            throw overlay_invalid_input_exception(); // Line 104
#endif

What conditions cause this to be thrown? Are there any boost-geometry
functions that I can use on input geometries to identify the likelihood of
this being thrown before actually doing a boolean operation that causes the
exception to be thrown?

The exception is thrown when I do a union operation:

boost::geometry::union_(psA, psB, psResult); // psA and psB are both
multi_polygons