Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [geometry] union of 2 polygons is wrong.AND an intersect bug
From: Zachary Deretsky (zach.deretsky_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-29 17:19:07

Barend,
thank you for taking a quick action.
I hope your cross product is using long long rather than doubles.

I bumped into another bug when I was trying to find out whether a point is
on a line, here is the code:

#include <boost/geometry.hpp>
#include <boost/geometry/geometries/point_xy.hpp>
#include <boost/geometry/geometries/linestring.hpp>
#include <boost/foreach.hpp>

int main()
{
  typedef boost::geometry::model::d2::point_xy<int> point_xy;
  typedef boost::geometry::model::linestring<point_xy > line;

  line line1, line2;

  boost::geometry::read_wkt("LINESTRING(100 10, 0 10)", line1);
  boost::geometry::read_wkt("LINESTRING(50 10, 50 10)", line2);

  std::cout << "line1 " << boost::geometry::dsv(line1) << std::endl;
  std::cout << "line2 " << boost::geometry::dsv(line2) << std::endl;

  if(boost::geometry::intersects(line1, line2)) {
    std::cout << "line1 intersects line2" << std::endl;
    return 0;
  } else {
    std::cout << "BUG: line1 DOES NOT intersect line2" << std::endl;
    return 1;
  }

  return 0;
}