Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] point_on_border not implemented for multi_polygon?
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-08 13:34:30

Hi again,

On 8-2-2012 13:33, Volker Schöch wrote:

> I want to use boost::geometry::intersects with multi_polygon.
> intersects is implemented in terms of disjoint which in turn requires
> point_on_border. The latter is implemented for polygon, but not for
> multi_polygon. Is this just "not yet implemented", or is it
> intentional and should be implemented by the caller?

No, it is not intentional. Indeed you can consider this as "not yet
implemented". Though trivial (i.e. if you know something of the details).

It might be implemented by the caller but that was not the intention.

To give a little more background, many combinations are not yet there.
We support not even the complete OGC set but still there is a lot of
work to do on the algorithms that we implement.

Only the effort of testing any combination is quite an effort. We
(mainly Bruno) are now automating the support status to get a clear view
on which is there and which is not.

If I had realized this one we would have added it for 1.49 but alas, the
point_on_border was until now only necessary for intersections (and this
one) and there only in primitive form (on rings). So that is the actual
reason it is not yet in the multi polygon. There are more trivial
combinations to be implemented...

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net