Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Warnings (Microsoft Visual C++ 2010)
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-08 16:10:30

Hi Volker,

We recently silenced many warnings for gcc (thanks Christophe).

On 8-2-2012 19:35, Volker Schöch wrote:
> Hi,
> when compiling with Microsoft Visual C++ 2010, I receive the following warnings. Any chance these could be eliminated? Or should I actually take them to heart and change something in the way I am calling those algorithms? Yes it's true, I am using integer coordinates for intersection of polygons. That's fine for my application and I think I should be able to do it with GGL -- am I wrong?

That might be fine. Our library until recently focused mainly on
floating point, and almost all tests are using that FP. Last weeks
Zachary did test with large integer values and there were some issues,
but those are solved now, at least those known. Not all is tested yet.

Of course rounding can occur with integer coordinates. Depending on the
use case this might be an issue. And indeed the library is not checked
on warnings from this source.

We put this on our list.

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net