Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [geometry] "covered_by" for polygons
From: Volker Schöch (vschoech_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-15 12:31:28

Hi,

One last post for today: As far as I can see, there is no dedicated "within" or "covered_by" algorithm for polygons. Is this considered "by design" or "not yet implemented"?

In any case, while there is no dedicated algorithm (or did I miss something?), what do you consider a canonical/optimal-performance/most-precise "covered_by" test for polygons? Any pros or cons for A.covered_by(B) := area(A-B)==0 vs. A.covered_by(B) := (A&B)==A ?

Do you think there are any optimization opportunities in a dedicated covered_by algorithm?

I think I know your answers to all questions in this email, I am merely curious to verify my assumptions because obviously, you have a lot more experience with algorithms like these than I have.

Thank you!

   Volker

--
Volker Schöch | vschoech_at_[hidden]