Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Default model for Ring Concept should *be* Container, not inherit from it
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-15 17:56:39

On 15 February 2012 18:03, Volker Schöch <vschoech_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> > I am not being pedantic, here is my case in point.
>> > The current implementation requires some ugly syntantic hacking to achieve a very simple and natural thing:
>> > http://codepad.org/qASAKH8R
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/1837500
>
> Your code sample seems to suggest adding a fwd ctor and possibly a fwd operator= to the boost::geometry::model::ring class.

The base class of ring is already perfectly moveable type, so
I'm not actually adding this behaviour, just making use of it. That's
how I interpret it.
Certainly, base class ctor needs to be explicitly called, C++ thing.

> Yet I thought I might suggest a simplification to that default implementation. No offense!

None taken.

I believe Barend has explained the background in details.

Best regards,

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net