Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] numeric bounds?
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-16 12:56:11

Hi again Volker,

On 16-2-2012 16:03, Volker Schöch wrote:
> Here's a new issue I just came across: I have polygons that have one side extending to "infinity" (examples see below). Taking the symmetric difference of these should result in a (multi-)polygon with coordinates in the "normal" range.
> (...)
> area(A) = -2469600

This one is, a few weeks ago, fixed in Trunk, and will be in 1.49.

It was indeed a problem in 1.48. Indeed there is numerical overflow
there. There are more problems if you use large integer values, so in
that case you really have to update. Fortunately the Release of 1.49 is
soon (I thought it was planned for Monday) and we could get these fixes in.

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net