Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] difference algorithm produces invalid polygon?
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-28 13:51:43

Hi Volker,

In addition to this:

On 28-2-2012 19:31, Barend Gehrels wrote:
>> - Why would a polygon of only two distinct points be invalid in the
>> first place? Is this considered "self-intersecting"?

It now throws because the intersection fails and it states that it is
self-intersecting. In a future version we will distinguish between
"self-intersecting", where a real intersection is, and "self-touching",
which has a self tangency or other kind of artefact, but is not really
intersecting. And it should not throw then (if throwing at all).

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net