Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Douglas Peucker on 3D lines
From: Stephan Menzel (stephan.menzel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-26 07:31:48

Hello,

an additional just arose here, if I may.
Is there a way to make Douglas Peucker less agressive?
I have a use case in where it takes out large chunks of a line string
that are in line. Just what it's supposed to be, no question here.
But the rest of my application can get into trouble if the points are
too far apart so I'm looking for a way to limit it somewhat and make
it not remove points if the resulting segment would be longer than any
constant value. I haven't found anything...

If that doesn't work, maybe I can put additional points in long
segments afterwards? But segment is not mutable during iteration and
linestring::append can only append points at the end.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Cheers,
Stephan

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net