Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Linestring buffer
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-18 14:29:16

Hi,

On 18-7-2012 12:29, aimes00 wrote:
> Thanks for your response,
>
> The linestring buffer has been in my wishlist for a year!!!
>
> I'm going to try the version in trunk and I'll let you know my experiences.
>
> Do you think it will be ready for 1.53?? Hope so!!

OK, I'm curious if it works for you. Yes, I hope to get it in 1.53

One question - do you need rounded end-caps?

Below two of the test-linestring-buffer-cases. Green is the source line,
the buffer is in pale-yellow/gray. Note the flat end caps. Note also the
sharp (miter) corners in one of them, the round in the second one. Note
also that the buffer is asymmetric here (that is of course optional -
the second has another distance than the first).

Regards, Barend

fhhjdbdd.png
jaddgfic.png

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net