Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Call to geometry::within returns true when point is outside ring
From: Rob K. (kashiraja_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-16 03:16:17

Hi Barend,

Thanks. Ah yes, I made the assumption that closed meant that I didn't have
to close explicitly. But it should be set to closed only if first and last
point are indeed the same (
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_51_0/libs/geometry/doc/html/geometry/reference/enumerations/closure_selector.html
).

BTW, I'm getting an awful lot of compiler warnings when compiling under
MSVS2012.
E.g. calling
   boost::geometry::disjoint(ring1, ring2); // C4702, C4100, C4127, C4189,
C4512
or
   boost::geometry::within<Point, Ring>(point1, ring4); // C4512, C4100
I presume that is something I have to get used to for the compiler I use?

Rob

when:
typedef boost::geometry::model::d2::point_xy<double> Point;
typedef boost::geometry::model::ring<Point, true, false> Ring;