Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Boost.Geometry boolean operation usage on many polygons.
From: josh kim (josh.kim0323_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-18 19:26:46

I apologize for not being specific enough. I am using polygon type provided
by Boost Geometry.

typedef boostG::model::d2::point_xy<int> BGPoint;

typedef boostG::model::polygon< BGPoint, false, true > BGPolygon;

typedef boostG::model::multi_polygon< BGPolygon > multi_polygon;

typedef boostG::model::ring<BGPoint, false, true> BGRing;

typedef vector<BGPolygon> BGPolygonSet;

these are the types I use that are provided by boost geometry.

I first used BGPolygonSet to pass two sets of polygons to booleanizing
operation, however, I figured that I should use multi_polygon type for doing
that.

and no. everything is in the for loop.
Here's my code :

  for (i = 0; i < pnum1; i++) {

    for (j = 0; j < vnumList1[i] - 1; j++) {

      poly_x = polygonList1[i][j*2];
      poly_y = polygonList1[i][j*2+1];
      polyPoints.push_back(make<BGPoint>(poly_x, poly_y));
    }
    boostG::assign_points(polygon, polyPoints);
    boostG::correct(polygon);

    boostG::union_(polyset1, polygon, tmpPolySet);
    boostG::correct(tmpPolySet);

    boostG::assign(polyset1, tmpPolySet);
    boostG::correct(polyset1);

    boostG::clear(tmpPolySet);
    polyPoints.clear();
  }

I'm using correct polygon just to make sure I can avoid having overlay
problem issue.
and using assign(polyset1, tmpPolySet) to recursively add one polygon to the
list (multipolygon) at a time.

and what does swap function actually do? it doesn't seem to add a polygon to
the multipolygon data type.

and what about the overlay polygon issues I'm having? and the unionizing
problem that I explained with pictures? The last picture is what I expect.

And thank you very much for answering my question!