Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [geometry] nsphere roadmap
From: Holger (holger.gaus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-23 04:44:54

Hi list,

I like to use boost::geometry for set operations like union, difference and
intersection in a 2d cartesian coordinate system. Beside that I`d like to
use the bg::distance between two points e.g. the centroid of a polygon and
an other point. This works perfectly as long I do not use the nsphere
extension. The algorithms of nsphere are very limited for my needs at the
moment (what works so far is - trunk from 2012-11-22: assign, area, within,
envelope, num_points). I found no way to bypass the limitations even no way
to convert (assign) a nsphere to a polygon.

Is there a road map for the nsphere (in my case a circle) or does somebody
have an idea how to convert a nsphere to a polygon with int x,y image
coordinates?

@Barend - if you read this: I can not find the status.xls you wrote about in
Dec 20, 2010; 12:26pm. Is there an other place I can get informed about the
future plans of nsphere?

Regards
Holger