Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] nsphere roadmap
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-26 18:10:21

Barend Gehrels wrote:
> There are many things to be finished and nsphere is certainly one of
> them. However, if you want to do intersections with them, the best thing
> is to convert them to polygons and use that. That is probably what will
> be done internally too - the intersection between two circles is (often)
> a polygon anyway, and we are far from supporting polygons with curved
> segments.

I have only one concern. The implementation of intersects() (and other
boolean operations) would be typically very simple and fast for two
circles. But it won't be consistent with polygon version of
intersection(). I guess the way how intersects() checks geometries will
be defined by a strategy?

Regards,
Adam

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net