Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Rtree changes
From: Mats Taraldsvik (mats.taraldsvik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-18 11:35:38

Hi Adam,

Your work is very appreciated, a proper rtree index is essential! :)

I haven't used rtree yet, unfortunately, so I apologise if the questions
are slightly off-topic:

- One of the key strenghts of Boost.Geometry, imho, is the ability to adapt
legacy interfaces, that can not be canged, and use them directly. Please
consider this when deciding on the interface (although I'm sure you already
are)

- Will it be possible to use rtree queries on external (indexable) objects?
For example, if I have a rtree-indexed boundary, and a set of not-indexed
objects, and want to check if the objects intersect with my boundary.
Essentially a kind of prepared query like the PreparedGeometry in GEOS.

Regards,
Mats Taraldsvik