Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] "Overlay invalid input exception"
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-29 06:58:28

Hi Volker,

On 28-3-2013 17:12, Volker Schöch wrote:

> Barend,
>
> From the "better late than never" department... It seems that in
> geometry 1.52.0, some of the issues I had in 1.48.0 were fixed, but
> not all of them.

Nice to hear from you. Yes, for 1.52 many bugs were fixed. I'm currently
also fixing some bugs.

> Please find below some code that still triggers "Overlay invalid input
> exception" (in the last statement of each example).
>
> Maybe you could have another look at these issues? If you prefer, I
> could as well file these issues in Boost Trac. If so, do you prefer
> one combined ticket, or a separate ticket for every code example?

Yes, I prefer that this issue is filed as a ticket. Especially after
such a long time, and there were several items at that time, I cannot
remember which was this issue and what I researched (though I can find
these WKT's in my programs indeed).

Please file them separately, unless you already know it is the same
issue, if that is the case, please combine them. Separate tickets are
handy because I can close them if fixed, and continue with the next.

There are still some tickets in the Trac, but I also solved several,
last months.

Was this the issue with the spikey polygon going forwards and backwards
over the same line? I remember that this was one of the issues you had.
If that is the case, it will probably take longer to solve because I'm
first concentrating on valid polygons...

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net