Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] 3D box -> 3D multi_polygon conversion
From: Tomislav Maric (tomislav.maric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-11 15:29:37

Hi Barend,

Bruno instructed that we use the multi_polygon kind-of a concept for the
polyhedron, because restricting the polyhedron topology to an edge-graph
will be even more complicated and it will introduce a loss in accuracy
(for my cases for sure), since i need algortihms that work on polyhedra
that are slightly non-convex.

So the first thing I would try to do is to implement a tetrahedral
decomposition of a multi_polygon to compute its volume. A 3D plane
(halfspace). And an intersection between the halfspace and a polyhedron
(a set of 3D polygons). These algorithms I really need, and quite soon
(few months time), so they are on the top of my list.

Regards,
Tomislav