Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] dimension type of geometries
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-17 10:03:58

Bruno Lalande wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> Seems to make more sense indeed, you can either make the change (and run
> the whole BG testing suite) or submit this as a ticket.

Ok, dimension<> for the following types should be changed: point,
point_xy, boost::array, c_array, boost::tuple and Boost.Fusion sequence.
Boost.Tuple and define its length as int, the same is true in case of
Boost.Fusion sequence size, but this shouldn't cause any problems. I've
added static asserts (0 <= length_or_size) but it's probably not needed.

But this concerns me, two other libraries define values related to the
size as ints. Should we take a different approach? Is there a problem
with size_t as static constant on some compilers?

In MinGW (GCC 4.7.2) all test are passed.
In VC there are some errors:
- related to sqrt() ambiguity which I've described in some other email,
- in SimplifyStrategy, function pointer is passed to function taking
reference.

Should I commit it?

Regards,
Adam