Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Breaking change on distance strategies
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-23 18:09:52

Hi Bruno,

On 23-7-2013 23:53, Bruno Lalande wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks Barend, I was just testing that and came to the same
> conclusions. FWIW, strictly speaking MSVC is correct as C++03 doesn't
> have an overload for ints, only C++11 does. Apparently GCC has the
> overload even in its C++03 version.
>
> I'll look into the other issue as soon as I have time.

As far as I can see changes in the "main" library are OK now. In the
extensions there are still some issues, mainly in nsphere/within (should
be simple but did not yet look into that).

W.r.t. the change itself, it is great and I need it now for
transform-strategies too. I can do that probably on short term. That
would enable (for example) supporting multiple-types for the same
svg-mapper, which can be very useful. They (transform strategies) need
change anyway because they don't support integer coordinates fully.

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net