Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Finding a boost::equal simplified polygon
From: Claus Christmann (hcc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-23 11:37:41

Hi Barend

On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 17:16:34 Barend Gehrels wrote:
[...]
> There is a "remove_spikes" in the extensions which did not always work.
> By chance I recently created a new version, intended for the main trunk
> (so not an extension). But it still has to be committed, I will do that
> this week.

Wow, that is what I call "luck" :) Looking forward to the commit.

[...]
> By the way, if you compute the area to do the "equals", removing spikes
> is not necessary... But area-computation is not really sufficient to do
> "equals"...

I think (!) I know/understand that, but I can get away with a lot of cheating
as the defunct rings are created from a set of lines (they represent the faces
of a graph), and as such I know that any area that is roughly zero indicates a
spike.

Thanks for the quick feedback and thanks for the soon-to-happen commit.

Claus

PS: Would that commit by any chance maybe also include your distance_info
function? Adam Wulkiewicz wrote on 9/30/13 that you might have that somewhere
in the making...

--
Claus Christmann
UAV Research Facility