Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] io - WKB
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-23 17:32:10

On 2 September 2013 19:19, Mats Taraldsvik <mats.taraldsvik_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 08/30/2013 01:25 AM, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>> On 28 August 2013 20:52, Mats Taraldsvik <mats.taraldsvik_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> On 08/28/2013 05:37 PM, Barend Gehrels wrote:
>>>
>>> I have attached three patches, created from git using this recipe
>>>
>>> http://codeprairie.net/blogs/chrisortman/archive/2008/01/14/creating-subversion-patches-with-git.aspx
>>>
>>> It would be great if you could review them.
>>
>> Mats,
>>
>> I updated your patches and submitted as ticket to Boost Trac
>>
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/9066
>>
>> where it has more convenient form for review:
>>

>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/attachment/ticket/9066/Mats-Taraldsvik-MultiPoint-WKB.patch
>>
>> What I've done is:
>>
>> - translated your Git patches into SVN format
>> - Applied your patches: patch -p0 -i 000[1-3].patch
>> - Added Jamfile.v2 files to enable building and running tests
>> - svn diff > Mats-Taraldsvik-MultiPoint-WKB.patch
>>
>> It looks good, I haven't spotted any issues.
>> Also, the read_wkb.cpp tests run and pass for me (Linux 64-bit, GCC
>> 4.8.1).
>>
>> If no objections arrive, I can submit your patch to SVN trunk.
>

> Thank you very much, I'll try to do this directly next time (and I'm looking
> forward to the boost git migration/modularisation)

Me too, but that's outside BG team powers.

> By the way, I'm also running Linux 64-bit, although the GCC version is 4.6.3.

FYI, I run GCC 4.8 and clang 3.3

> If someone could look at the compile errors for the Linestring WKB test, and
> point to what is wrong / what needs implementing, I will try to add more
> tests.

Finally, I've managed to take a look at this issue and the fix was
actually trivial.
The #include <boost/geometry/strategies/strategies.hpp> was missing to compile
equals() algorithm for the linestring.

So, I attached new version of your patch to the ticket:

file: Mats-Taraldsvik-MultiPoint-WKB-linestring-test-fixed.patch

(generated with svn diff against current trunk Revision: 86400)

Please, let me know if it works for you.

Best regards,

--
Mateusz  Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net