Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Compute Normal in 3D
From: Tomislav Maric (tomislav.maric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-31 07:53:41

Hi,

On 01/31/2014 01:33 PM, Adam Wulkiewicz wrote:

> That's great. In fact we have a raw version of guidelines for
> developers (thanks to Mateusz), it mainly describes formatting the
> code but maybe you'll find it interesting:
> http://github.com/boostorg/geometry/blob/develop/doc/guidelines.qbk.

Thanks a lot, I will definitely study that.

> I'm curious, why did you add AABBbox and LineSegment? BG already has
> n-dimensional box and segment. Is it just a naming thing?

Actually, I am using intersection between 3D polyhedra in a geometrical
method for simulating two-phase flow and I was not sure if I should
couple that code to BG and extend BG from the start. I decided to keep
the geometry and the two-phase flow simulation code self-sustained since
there are just a few concepts and algorithms required to get it to run -
compared to a general geometrical framework like BG. Also, the users of
OpenFOAM are not used to relying on boost, at all , since the entire
framework (1.2 Million lines of code) is written in C++98. The idea was:
if I manage to come up with the design similar to one in BG, I can
detach the code and make it more generally applicable and think about
introducing it as an external dependency, otherwise I leave it as it is.

> Btw, intersects()/disjoints() works for n-dimensional pairs Point/Box,
> Segment/Box and Linestring/Box (last two released in 1.55). In case
> you'd like to check it out.

Thanks a lot, will do.

Best regards,
Tomislav