Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] snapshot of the future geometry 1.56 release
From: yohann.benedic_at_[hidden]
Date: 2014-02-28 09:53:29

Hi again,

Thank you for your answer. I tested your "rescale to integer" branch and it turns out it fixes quite a lot of things, great job :). In the end, it highlighted that some of my polygons are not simple, thus leading to further crashes in intersections, union_ and alike. I was wondering what was going to be my next step: is there (will there be) a predicate somewhere in boost::geometry that could help filter them out, or even better correct them beforehand? I am studying the Shamos-Hoey Algorithm as a good predicate algorithm on client code side, do you happen to have a better suggestion?

Thanks again for your time.

Yohann Bénédic
Wireless Engineering and Propagation
Research Engineer