Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [geometry] Querying index using intersection with custom geometry
From: Michael Nett (netto.mihyaeru_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-28 03:28:08

Hello,

We're considering using Boost.Geometry in one of our projects, but we
require the ability to query an index using a super set of the geometric
shapes provided by the library (frustum, conical frustums and complex
geometry).

We have tried implementing template specializations as discussed in this
thread (
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19490435/boost-geometry-spatial-query-shapes
).

namespace boost { namespace geometry {
template <typename Box> inline
bool intersects(Box const& b, MyFrustum const& f)
{
    // your implementation
}
}}

However, compiling this provides the following error.

/usr/include/boost/geometry/core/point_type.hpp:45:5: error: no matching
function for call to 'assertion_failed(mpl_::failed************
(boost::geometry::traits::point_type<MyGeometry>::NOT_IMPLEMENTED_FOR_THIS_POIN‌​T_TYPE::************)(mpl_::assert_::types<MyGeometry,
mpl_::na, mpl_::na, mpl_::na>))'

I tried digging into the source files, but my understanding of the geometry
library is too limited to figure out what's going on.

Can anyone advise on how to approach the problem?

Regards,
Michael

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net