Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [geometry] Maintaining released versions history
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-14 19:57:27

Hi,

I'd like to propose to somehow store the released versions history.
What I'd like to achieve is to simplify the checking the difference
between the develop and some released version.
Also it would be possible to perform some quick fixes for a released
version and preparing patches.

In the GitFlow model this is probably achieved with tagging however I'm
not sure about it and I don't know if we can/may do it on GitHub or/and
in Boost?
A simple alternative would be to create branches from master per release
which means that we should made a decision and do it before the next
merge of develop with master.

What do you think?

Regards,
Adam