Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Fixing unused variable/typdef warnings
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-03 10:28:53

Hi Barend,

> Hi Adam,
>

> Op 3 jun. 2014 om 00:15 heeft Adam Wulkiewicz <adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden]>
> het volgende geschreven:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > For those of you which doesn't follow the discussion on Boost developers
> mailing list. We now have a new module, Boost.Core. It's a module for
> various light-weight tools with nearly no dependencies. Headers from
> Utility, Detail, etc. are being moved into it.
> >
> > Today the new tool was added - boost::ignore_unused(). More or less it's
> upgraded boost::ignore_unused_variable_warning(). It allows handling more
> unused variables than one and unused typedefs as well. Like this:
> >
> > #include <boost/core/ignore_unused.hpp>
> >
> > // ...
> >
> > boost::ignore_unused(v1, v2, v3);
> > boost::ignore_unused<T1, T2, T3>();
> >
> > I'd like to use it to fix GCC >=4.8 unused local typedefs warnings (in
> strategies concept checks). This means that in order to properly build
> tests you'd need to update ModularBoost (and if needed manually initialize
> the new module - I was forced to do it on Windows but maybe I did something
> wrong).
> >
> > Are you ok with this?
>

> That Boost.core is brand new and indeed interesting. Good idea. My only
> doubt is, will that be released in 1.56? If yes, I'm OK. If no, we have to
> postpone it a bit.

Yes, they plan to release in 1.56.

I fixed the warnings also in tests (a lot of them).
When the type usage was hidden behind some #ifdef or I felt that it's a
part of the test I was using boost::ignore_unused().

In some cases I fixed the errors, in other I removed the typedef, commented
it out (when I felt it might be used in the future) or added the test using
this type.

Could you please check if I didn't remove something that shouldn't be
removed?

strategies -
https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/commit/948208a4853dd315697fb0e9a0c844bf8172f46d
tests -