Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] -std=c++0x and Boost Geometry 1.55
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-22 08:19:32

Hunk wrote:
> you are right i used a beta of 1.56 because of the polygon clipping. I have
> forgotten it.
>
> Is it possible to copy the geometry headers of 1.56 to my boost 1.55 ? So i
> can use the bugfixes?
I think it should be possible to replace BOOST_ROOT/boost/geometry
content with the 1.56 one (if that's what you'd like to do), plus maybe
BOOST_ROOT/boost/geometry.hpp however this should be unchanged. Picking
some specific headers may be hard since they may be not compatible with
the rest of the older code. Furthermore, have in mind that such
workarounds aren't tested and therefore not officially supported. So we
can't guarantee that everything should work, all libraries play well
with each other, etc. To test your configuration you could also replace
the content of BOOST_ROOT/libs/geometry and run the tests.

 From BOOST_ROOT run bootstrap.sh or bootstrap.bat to build b2/bjam and
then run:

b2 libs/geometry/test

or since you're pasing some specific compiler flags and also explicitly
specify the compiler:

b2 libs/geometry/test cxxflags="-std=c++11" toolset=gcc

and if you wanted to test the rtree then also:

b2 libs/geometry/index/test

> Or do you have some dependencies?

AFAIR nothing new, even less (I think Boost.TypeOf dependency was
dropped in the includes). Well, Boost.Container deendency was added in
non-index parts of the library, previously only the rtree depended on
it. So this shouldn't be a problem.

Regards,
Adam

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net