Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Regression summary enhancer
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-10-18 06:05:17

Barend Gehrels wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>

> Adam Wulkiewicz wrote On 18-10-2014 2:39:
>> Adam Wulkiewicz wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Because Testing/Regression guys... let's say... have not much free
>>> time I decided to write a small tool which downloads regression
>>> tests summaries and enhances them (adds colors and changes texts for
>>> failures).
>>> After summary is enhanced it's simple to analyse the tests and focus
>>> attention on the most important ones.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately the tool must download the summary page and all failed
>>> test logs in order to process them and this takes some time. It's
>>> simple, blocking client, at least for now.
>>>

>> Actually I upgraded it, it's now asynchronious and quite fast.
>>
>>> An example and the code are here:
>>> https://github.com/awulkiew/summary-enhancer
>
> This looks really useful! Thanks a lot.
>
> Now that we have this, could we think about sending mails about
> regressions in the matrix, in certain conditions (especially comp,
> link and run)?

This is just a tool which can be run locally to download the tests and
do something with them. It's not enhancing the official tests, though
it'd be possible.
But sure, it could do whatever we like, e.g. keep the last state and
report only new failures, send emails, whatever.

I guess having this proof of concept, we could show it to others, get
the feedback and maybe support.

Regards,
Adam

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net