Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [geometry] Geometric Semantics Extension
From: Andrew Hundt (athundt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-23 01:04:59

I'm considering implementing geometric semantics perhaps as an extension to
Boost.Geometry. In essence, it attempts to deal with changes in reference
frames in a general way, which is something Boost.Geometry does not capture
yet. Sone of the conceptual equivalents of the OGC specification's approach
are described in the papers referenced by an author here:

http://www.orocos.org/wiki/geometric-relations-semantics-wiki
https://lirias.kuleuven.be/bitstream/123456789/424987/1/document.pdf

There is an existing implementation of their specification, but it isn't
generic in the way boost.geometry is. An implementation may also involve
boost.graph, I'm not sure yet. Would there be any interest in this? While
the linked documents are about robotics the underlying concepts apply to
many other domains including GIS, graphics, and simulations.

Cheers!
Andrew Hundt

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net