Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Heads up! boost 1.59 is coming up
From: Menelaos Karavelas (menelaos.karavelas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-03 10:16:48

Hi Barend.

On 03/06/2015 04:45 μμ, Barend Gehrels wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the heads up.
>
> Menelaos Karavelas schreef op 3-6-2015 om 14:42:
>> Hi all.
>>
>> According to the published schedule (see
>> http://www.boost.org/development/index.html), the list of important
>> dates for boost 1.59 is as follows:
>>
>> * June 24th, closed for new libraries (I believe this also means,
>> closed for breaking changes and new features)
>
> This is, IIUC, for really new libraries - they need complete
> integration into the whole tool chain, and the special attention of
> release managers.

Okay that makes sense.

>> * July 1st, closed for major changes
>
> IIUC breaking changes / new features are major changes.

So this gives us one more week.

>> * July 8th, closed for all changes
>> * July 11th, completely closed
>> * July 15th, beta release
>> * July 16th, open for bugfixes only
>> * August 5th, closed for all changes
>> * August 12th, boost 1.59 release
>

>> My understanding is that we need to decide which among the open PRs
>> is going into 1.59, which not.
>> Also summarize what people would like to have in 1.59, and until when
>> they plan to submit a PR (we do need some time for reviewing too, so
>> this basically means that any PRs introducing new functionality
>> should be available within one week from today the latest, if I
>> understand the schedule correctly).
>
> Agreed.
>
> What do we plan from the geographic features? There are already some
> slipped in, but we should take care they are all documented then.

I agree we should document the envelope/expand behavioral changes. I
will do that once PR #302 get done (I need reviews for it).

Regarding Adam's additions to new strategies, my own personal
understanding is that we leave them undocumented for 1.59.
Adam?

> For projections I think it is still too early - I'm currently at the
> point that the new spheroid model should be shared between distances
> and projections. And there are some open points.

Sure, they can wait. No problem for me.

>> I propose to merge develop into master the week between June 17th and
>> June 24th.
> Agreed

Apparently we have one more week. I still think we should merge then,
and if needed do a second merge the following week.

- m.