Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [geometry] runtime configurable point dimension
From: Andrew Hundt (athundt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-07-06 17:30:44

I’m probably opening a can of worms here, but how practical/impractical is
it to have points with runtime configurable dimension?

For a specific example, what if one wanted to use an Eigen::VectorXd as the
point type?

Since I believe lots of stuff is implemented with template substitution on
the point dimension I realize this may simply be unrealistic wrt the
existing design. Nonetheless, the optimist in me hopes that perhaps a few
key instantiations/overrides could make the library happy to handle this
use case for if not the general use case, perhaps for specific point types.

Of course the 2d only algorithms won’t work in n-d so I’m only concerned
with those provided by boost.geometry that don’t change at >2d.

Thanks!

Cheers!
Andrew Hundt

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net