Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] calculating the projection of a point on a line
From: Mike Vasiljevs (mike.vasiljevs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-08-02 08:54:16

Hi Jeremy,

You should look at some basic linear algebra. There are a number of ways to
derive the formula and each source covers this from a slightly different
angle (no pun intended :)); try to understand geometric meaning of the line
equation (of the form a*t + b) and the dot product (a dot b). Drop me an
email if you are struggling with this.

Greets,
mike