Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [geometry] Segment R-tree with segment queries
From: Jeremy Murphy (jeremy.william.murphy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-04-13 15:33:30

Hi,

I was just wondering about the current state of rtree of line segments.
That is, what queries does it support? Is the list of predicates on the
queries page complete or just a sample? There doesn't seem to be any
segment-segment predicates listed, just the nearest query.

I tried to search with index::intersects() to find segments that intersect
with another segment and was just surprised to find that it is not
implemented. Is the most efficient way to achieve this behaviour at the
moment to query with the bounding box of the segment and then check the
results for actual intersection with the segment?

Thanks, cheers.

Jeremy

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net