Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [geometry] [gsoc18] R-tree serialization
From: Kirill Mishchenko (ki.mishchenko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-19 05:25:06

Hi,

My name is Kirill. I’m interested in the contribution to the project “R-tree serialization”. The search through the “Boost - Dev" mailing list archive has shown there was an interest in this project among students in 2017, but as the GSoC 2017 archive site displays there was no student that participated to accomplish this project. Is it possible to work on this project as a GSoC 2018 participant? It seems like last year Adam Wulkiewicz was ready to be a mentor for the project.

Briefly about myself. I am a PhD student at Ural Federal University. My C++ programming experience includes a summer internship at Yandex Search and my contribution to mlpack (a machine learning library written in C++) as a GSoC 2017 participant (https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/archive/2017/projects/4812231682293760/ <https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/archive/2017/projects/4812231682293760/>). For mlpack I designed and implemented cross-validation and hyper-parameter tuning modules with significant usage of C++ metaprogramming.

Best regards,

Kirill Mishchenko

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net