Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [geometry] Boost Geometry Performance vs LibSpatialIndex.
From: Ian Kosen (ikosenn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-03-01 20:55:04

Hi,

I was looking at this benchmark https://github.com/mloskot/spatial_index_benchmark <https://github.com/mloskot/spatial_index_benchmark> which attempts to compare the performance between Boost Geometry and LibSpatialIndex. This is done on the r-tree data structure. It caught my eye that Boost Geometry was magnitudes faster than LibSpatialIndex. Is there an obvious reason for this? Design considerations and trade offs?

Thank you :)

I have posted this on the boost mailing list but this seems to be the suitable place to ask the question. I apologies for the duplication.

Regards,

Kosen

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net