Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Boost.Geometry header files are incomplete
From: Brook Milligan (brook_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-03-12 22:33:49

Hi Adam,

> On Mar 12, 2018, at 2:49 PM, Adam Wulkiewicz via Geometry <geometry_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> The intention is to allow users to include parts of the code using one of the following:
> 1. the whole library
> boost/geometry.hpp
> 2. single algorithm + all strategies, e.g.:
> boost/geometry/algorithms/is_valid.hpp + boost/geometry/strategies/strategies.hpp
> 3. single algorithm + specific strategies required by this algorithm for specific coordinate system and arguments, e.g.:
> boost/geometry/algorithms/is_valid.hpp + boost/geometry/strategies/cartesian/intersection.hpp + boost/geometry/strategies/cartesian/side_by_triangle.hpp + boost/geometry/strategies/cartesian/area.hpp + whatever else is needed
>
> Obviously this is not very well documented.

Indeed not. It seems that you would do well to document the general intention somewhere and at least be more specific regarding when boost/geometry/strategies/strategies.hpp should be included. What you describe above was not at all clear to me from the docs.

> If something else fail, e.g. as you mentioned some includes from the internals are missing (core, util, formulas, etc.) then this is a bug and you can create an issue or prepare pull request at GitHub (https://github.com/boostorg/geometry).

It is definitely the case that simply including (and not even using) is_valid.hpp fails because it requires core/cs.hpp for a definition of cs_tag. Do you need a bug report for that?

Thanks a lot for your response.

Cheers,
Brook

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net