Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [geometry] boost/geometry/algorithm/equals.hpp is incomplete
From: Brook Milligan (brook_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-01-22 07:43:30

It seems to me that the header file boost/geometry/algorithms/equals.hpp is incomplete in the sense that including it only is not sufficient for actually compiling the function to compare points. Instead, one must also include at least boost/geometry/strategies/agnostic/point_in_point.hpp. Thus, I believe that equals.hpp should include point_in_point.hpp as well (or this extra requirement should be documented).

Please see the attached code demonstrating the problem.

Note, that I believe the same problem occurs with other algorithms as well (I recall intersection() being one), but have not constructed similar test cases. It seems worthwhile to do that for all the algorithms just to make sure that the "main" algorithm header is sufficient in each case, which I presume to be the intent from the documentation.

Thanks a lot for looking into this.

Cheers,
Brook

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net