Boost logo

Geometry :

From: Giorgino R (giorginor21_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-06-16 04:45:02

Hi Tinko,

Your suggestion with respect to my first question looks to solve my
problem. I used the `boost::geometry::relate` along with the 1D mask :) .

Now, as far as the hashing issue is concerned, I think that even if I sort
out the compare method by reversing the linestring (temporary), the hashing
function will still result in different hashing value ( even though they
will have equal coordinates of each point the hashing order will result in
different value).

You also mentioned about using Points with double type coordinates. This is
a good point, I have come across some issues with some operations (e.g.
boost::geometry::difference); especially for linestrings. When I set
strategy with float precision (
boost::geometry::strategy::intersection::cartesian_segments<float>()) I get
what I expect. However, I am not fully aware if it will be correct/safe to
set my points to float precision. Do you have any reference on setting
tolerance in boost::geometry? My understanding is that boost::geometry is
using epsilon<T> for tolerance.

Many thanks and best regards,