Boost logo

Geometry :

From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-02-17 13:48:23

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 at 13:42, Ngoc Dung Do <Ngoc.Dung.Do_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> is there a possibility how I could find out which Boost.Geometry Library
> version is compatible with *Compiler: gcc-c++.x86_64 version 4.8.5*

By reading the release notes of the past releases, e.g.
https://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_73_0.html

You should/may be able to use Boost.Geometry from Boost 1.74

> I ask because it was not obvious to know that Boost.Geometry Library
> version 1.75 needs

Because that information can be easily derived from C++14 requirement
- it is assumed users know what C++ versions are supported by the compilers
of their choice.

Such list is difficult to maintain to keep up to date and correct.

> at least a GCC version 5 since on the official homepage older GCC
> Compilers are also listed under the section "Supported compilers":
> https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_75_0/libs/geometry/doc/html/geometry/compilation.html

Ha! You see, such lists get out of date quickly :)
This is a bug and the list needs to be updating indeed.

Best regards,

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net