Boost logo

Glas :

Re: [glas] introducing the storage concept, a first interface specification

From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-18 04:42:38

Hi Toon,

> You can download the whole proto with documentation in
> tgz format (http://www.femtown.org/glas.tgz) or
> zip format (http://www.femtown.org/glas.zip) or
> just browse
> http://www.femtown.org/glas and
> http://www.femtown.org/glas/doc/index.html.
> The latter is an index to the whole documentation.

Some preliminary comments:

In http://www.femtown.org/glas/doc/storage_array_concept.html
there's a mention of consecutive_in_memory type, but no semantic is given.
It's mentioned elsewhere, but I think this should be specified in definiton
of StorageArray too. Like,

  "if equal to mpl::true_, then all elements are stored consequtively
   starting with &*x.begin()"

In http://www.femtown.org/glas/doc/storage_compound_concept.html you have
"Default fill constructor". Is it required to fill the storage with
value_type()? You also have "element access". Those two items is the only
thing that's changed from StorageArray. Then, I don't understand how, say,
"element access" is related to the description, which talks about distributed
storage and groups. Am I missing something?

The heap_storage container has this declaration:

   template < typename T, typename Alloc = std::allocator< T > >
   class heap_storage

Is the 'Alloc' parameter needed for something specific, or added just in case.
I must admit I don't know about any use for 'allocator' parameter in STL at
all, so I wonder if it's needed in this specific case.

- Volodya