Boost logo

Glas :

Re: [glas] introducing the storage concept, a first interface specification

From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-18 09:05:39

David Abrahams wrote:

> I don't understand why you're reinventing the matrix concept taxonomy
> when MTL basically got it right to begin with.

Or you only referring to the 'matrix concept' or also the 'storage
concept' and the different models I have described.

As for the 'matrix concept', I agree that MTL will heavily influence
this project which is great. As for now however I intentionally did
mention matrix but did not mention a matrix concept yet because it's
maybe to early now: first things first.

As for the 'storage concept'. This concept is indeed also present in MTL
(and uBLAS and probably others), called TwoDStorage if i'm not
mistaking. With these different backgrounds we can maybe come up with a
clean concept. Or if the current concept as defined somewhere proves to
be ideal, great, we just will continue using that (already defined) concept.

As for the different models of the storage concept: does MTL currently
have a stack-based storage model of file-based storage model ?

toon