Boost logo

Glas :

[glas] using blas kernels

From: Karl Meerbergen (Karl.Meerbergen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-09 06:11:38

Hi,

I suppose most of you need some time to get through the last
proposals/developments of glas.
If you start from scratch, I suggest you start looking at the linear
algebra concepts and models in glas/doc
and then at the examples in test.

Something we have discussed in the past is the use of blas kernels in
algorithms.
There are several ways of using those:
- dedicates function names: e.g. norm_1_blas(v)
- hard code the collection whether blas should be used or not in norm_1(v).

Personally, I am in favour of the latter option. Such hard coding can
happen by adding a blas attribute to the collection that tells the
dispatch system how to implement expressions or functions (e.g. dot() or
norm_1()). In addition we can add an adaptor function blas(v) that
creates a collection with the blas_attribute. This would allow us to
write norm_1( blas(v) ).

Karl