Boost logo

Glas :

[glas] value_type

From: Karl Meerbergen (Karl.Meerbergen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-03 05:39:35

Hello,

We now have started the development of some functions for vectors since
a few weeks. All of them rely on the fact that the value_type's are
numerical value types (NumericValue concept). In the first document
about GLAS we supposed that vectors and matrices only contain numerical
values. I recall vague suggestions on the mailing list on expanding the
value_type to other than float, double, std::complex<float>,
std::complex<double>.

Before continuing with any more new algorithms, it might be good to know
which other value_type's should be supported.

I recall a demand for supporting vectors of matrices and matrices of
matrices. My opinion is that this should be another type of collection
where the value_type is still the value_type of the lowest level of
matrix in the nesting of matrices.

Should we provide a bool value_type and corresponding functions !v, v ||
w, v && w etc?

Have a nice day,

Karl