Boost logo

Glas :

Re: [glas] mapping expressions to backend

From: Wolfgang Bangerth (bangerth_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-17 14:53:15

> The first option is that the user asks glas to automatically try to
> dispatch all expressions to a specific backend. If the backend does not
> provide a corresponding function, the expression will be evaluated by
> the fallback (which is the glas implementation itself for instance).
> For instance: If the user wishes to use BLAS as backend, writing
> 'y+=a*x' will automatically result in a call to axpy.

I can't imagine why someone would want to use different backends in the same
program. I would therefore proposed to take option 1. The way this is
typically done is to give a switch at configure time:

  ./configure --with-backend=blas
  ./configure --with-backend=generic
  etc

W.

Wolfgang Bangerth email: bangerth_at_[hidden]