Boost logo

Glas :

[glas] glas introduction available

From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-10 10:40:18

Hi all,

Karl and I have, with the feedback from the ml, experimented a lot with
expression-templates, dispatching of expressions to multiple backends
and with finding a convenient syntax for the API. Finally we have
converged to an architecture that should allow us to accomplish our goals.

At the same time we also documented this architecture and implemented a
few functions according to the described architecture. You can find a
link (called Introduction) to this documentation on the glas website at
http://glas.sourceforge.net/doc/papers/introduction/index.html. In
addition you can find a few code examples in the test subdirectory (of
the glas-CVS but I can also make tarballs available if you want) that
perform a vector addition and a vector scaling. Although nothing
extraordinary, these tests show how users can easily choose to evaluate
the expression using expression templates or can dispatch the expression
 to any other backend. Currently 2 other backends are implemented: one
for BLAS and one for VSIPL++.

For those planning to attend ECOOP06, I plan to present the architecture
of glas at POOSC06 (http://www.c3.lanl.gov/poosc06/).

toon